This satisfying dish Put pad thai noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let soak until just pliable, about 15 minutes. Drain well and set aside
while soaking whisk in a small bowl soy sauce with the brown sugar, tamarind paste,
In a large nonstick wok or skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the garlic, shallots and carrots and vegetable additions of choice, cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the noodles and scallions and stir-fry until heated thru, about 2 minutes.
Add the sauce and stir-fry until the noodles are evenly coated and the sauce has thickened slightly approx. 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the pad Thai to a platter. Garnish with the peanuts, bean sprouts and mint and serve.
- 1/2 pound dried Pad Thai rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten-free Tamari.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar or coconut sugar.
- 2 kaffir lime leaves if available
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste or lime juice mixed with sugar
- 1 H
otpepper if yourso inclined
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chile-garlic sauce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced.
- 1 medium carrot.
- 1/3 lb. tofu or chicken
- snow peas or other if available
- Bean sprouts